Water Conservation tips from SC DNR: Bureau of Water
1. Water yards wisely .
2. Remember that landscaping is most likely your number one user of water.
3. Your lawn and plants benefit most from slow, thorough and infrequent
4. Minimize evaporation by watering in the early morning or evening .
5. Install irrigation systems with automatic timers.
6. Mulch to retain water.
7. Plant hardy, water-saving plants.
8. Mow less frequently in dry times
9. Over watering combined with high humidity creates fungus diseases on
plants and lawns which are very hard to get rid of.
1. Use a shut-off nozzle, and don’t run the water while washing the car.
2. Direct runoff to water your landscaping.
3. Choose a car wash that recycles water.
For complete list of water tips
For more detail on the current drought
|For the BEST way to water
your lawn, click on link below:
Horry County Storm Water has a new website. Check it out.